Friday, February 23, 2007

Weekly Reflection, week 7

Monday...we didn't have class!!

Wednesday Mr. Adams gave us information about some changes in the workshops. We have to make 4 assignments about each work during the workshop. It can be an artwork about the work, a poem, a letter to a character or the writer and some other things that I don't remember right now.
I don't like this idea....it will probably take me a long time to make 4 things about the work....and then I won't be able to talk at all. A good thing about this is that I can get my grade up...so thats good, just as long as I do it.

Friday we had a class from Mr. A. He read a poem....I didn't like it...it was too long and boring....
After that we read two short parts from a story....and we were put in groups and we had to do a couple things with the part.
Each group got a different fragment...and we had to draw the image that you saw when you read the story. I liked doing that, mostly because my group was fun!
After that, we had to re-write the part in a different point of view.
I learned some things from this class.......to work together, I read about a writer I never heard of before, and I learned how to re-write a story and finally, I learned some about imagery, what it does to you, and why a writer uses it.

2 comments:

Jessica Love said...

Ew, I didn't like that poem that Mr. Abbruscatto read either, it was so boring. I liked working in the groups for the imagry thing though, that was pretty fun.

Emily said...

I also didn't like the new requirements for our blogs there is way to much to do in one class period for that. I liked working in groups on the pictures that was fun.