Friday, January 26, 2007

Tessa van Beusekom, 26 january 2007, Homework #2 Weekly reflection

On wedsnesday, we went to the library to write a story about a person who was there. I picked a boy who walked into the library with his mom. I wrote a story about a boy named Pablo who comes home after school and he is afraid. His dad abuses him.......and his mom is scared of his dad.
Not a very positive story, but that was the first thing that came to my mind so I just wrote it down. By doing this I learned how to create a character and to focus on appearance, looks, things he/she does, and why. It was hard to get that al in a story of 2 pages, I think I did not succeed 100% in that.

Friday, we had our first workshop. I have to admit that I didn't read Hearther's story (sorry Hearther!!) but I thought that we were going to read the two stories in class. But I did read kelly's story. I did not like the subject, I don't have much with fantasy or very dark stories and very bloody stories.
But I did like the style she used, very detailed. I think it was very good how she created the story, I could never think of a story like that.
As for Heather's story: I like detectives and stories with dialogue, so her story looked interesting, I'll read it over the weekend.
This class helped to know each other a little bit better. And we found out opinions about each other's work. The discussions were not bad, sometimes they were interesting.
I didn't say that much....I'll try to say more next time.

3 comments:

The puppet master said...

You didn't read my story *pouts in corner* ... It's okay. I semi agree with you on Kelly's story because I'm not that in to fantasy... *looks away shamefully* but I did read Harry Potter.... *hides*
The next workshop I do hope to hear more of your thoughts... unless you are one of the writers then I shall attack with a lot of question.
Peace-In
The Puppet Master

Jessica Love said...

i agree with you about the whole not into fantasy thing. i'll be honest, i pretty much hate it, but whatever, thats just me.

Sam said...

*evil laugh* I AM in your class Tessa...
Thanks for posting on my blog, and I really DID like the work you posted. It has an... innocent sound to it. I guess that's an OK adjective to use.
And I really am in your class. I sit in the first row, second seat, on your side of the classroom. :)